Projects and News (in order of most current):
• August 2020: Joelle is interviewed for News 12 NJ as part of "Votes for Women" with Speranza Theatre Company. The feature is aired on television Thursday, August 27th.
• July-August 2020: Joelle signs the contract for "Votes for Women" for Speranza Theatre Company in the role of Alice Paul, the early 1900s suffragette. The entire process, and shows, are socially distant and compliant with CDC guidelines in the wake of COVID-19. The fight for equality rings fresh after the recent protests for "Black Lives Matter."
The shows are outdoors at various historic locations around Jersey City -- http://speranzatheatrecompany.com/
• April-May 2020: Joelle rehearses for Titus Andronicus over Zoom with Revolución Latina in the hopes of a 2021 NYC run.
• March 2020:
Joelle begins rehearsals for "Bru: A Musical Commentary" (as Bru), written by Karen Kuflik, and set for a reading at La Mama. After a few rehearsals, all productions/production houses in NYC are shut down due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
A number of Joelle's other projects are postponed.
• March 2020:
Joelle joins Premiere Stages for a second year as an actor in their 21st Century Hubbard Middle School monologue-writing residency.
"The showcase is the culmination of six weeks of residency sessions that our teaching artists are carrying out at Hubbard Middle School in Plainfield, New Jersey. The residency is part of the 21st Century Grant, which brings various extra-curricular programs to after-school sessions in the school district. The students will have written short plays, and seeing professional actors take their words seriously is a deeply impactful (and fun!) experience for them. "
• February 2020:
Awesome unofficial first reading of Joelle's new original full-length play, Drooga, at the Mile Square Theatre. A big "Thank you!" to the artists!
• January 2020:
Joelle wraps filming on new Amazon Prime series "Eighty-12", set for premiere in 2020, as a recurring role.
• November - December 2019:
Joelle joins the cast of Beauty and The Beast at Centenary Stage Company--Centenary University's resident professional company.
"CSC Family Holiday Spectacular
November 29 - December 15
Sitnik Theatre of the Lackland Performing Arts Center"
• September - December 2019:
Joelle becomes a teaching artist for the Shakespeare Theatre of NJ and begins residencies in various school districts working on Henry V and Midsummer, among others.
• June - August 2019:
Joelle directs High School Musical Jr. and Fame Jr. for
Phoenix Productions in their "Rising Star Academy Intensive".
• May 2019:
An industry reading of "The Bigsley Project" at TheatreLab in NYC.
• March - May 2019:
"Bunnicula" at the Mile Square Theatre
"The cast does great work to make their characters recognizable and welcoming. [Cameron] Blankenship and [Joelle] Zazz run the show most of the time, and they shine as the exuberant hound and understated cat."
-The Star Ledger